A balanced approach to betting
We want you to enjoy your visits to paddypower.com because if you don’t you may not come back. That’s why we like to inject all our products and services with a little bit of fun and the occasional risqué joke. However, part of making it an enjoyable experience lies with you. If you stay in control and only bet when you decide to you can enjoy the experience.
If at any point gambling stops becoming fun, we encourage you to contact us. We will always endeavour to use our experience to support and direct you to find help if you find yourself in difficulties
Tips for Betting Sensibly
- Jobs are for making money, gambling is a form of entertainment. Sometimes you’ll win; sometimes you’ll lose but treat it as an entertainment expense, like a movie ticket, rather than a way to make money.
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose. If you win it’s a bonus and if you lose you won’t be left feeling stressed and anxious.
- Know your limits and be clear about them before you start to gamble. When you hit your limit, whether it’s a financial limit or a time limit, stop and go do something else.
- Take a break. Gambling continuously without taking a break will impact your judgement, and most likely your relationship. You also need to eat at regular intervals.
- Don’t gamble when you’re upset or depressed. A betting slip isn’t a prescription pad. It won’t cure what ails you. If you’re feeling upset or depressed then don’t gamble.
- Do other stuff. If you find that gambling is your only form of entertainment then you may have a problem. If you’re not having fun then you’re doing it wrong. Sometimes less is more and making gambling a part of a well-balanced lifestyle will help to bring the fun back.
- Don’t go chasing. Trying to win back lost money by placing bets you can’t afford is a recipe for disaster. Set your limits, stay in control.
For more information on the Responsible Gaming features we offer to help you bet sensibly click here.